Saturday, July 6, 2013

A Little Rusty






Outfit Details: Top- Tucker For Target, Dress- Thrifted, Belt- Forever 21, Shoes- Minnetonka Moccasin Co.

Funny how easy it is to forget how to do things once you haven't done them for a while. This explains why it took me a too long to get this post together. I'm a little rusty. Not that I was ever an expert at codes and blogging at all! Since it's a four day weekend and Jon is at work, I thought "Why not do a little bit of updating?!" I got my Cannon outta the closet, turned it on, and then thought "Uhhhh.... I know how to do this!" I had forgotten how to take pictures. What is up with my brain?! But like riding a bike, I remembered and got to snappin'. Same with this whole coding deal. I guess I'm gonna have to lessen my after-work-telly-watching sessions to stay on top of these things. 

So I decided to match with the state of my skills last night, and wore rust details to warm up my gray dress. I felt like being comfortable for date night so I paired it with my Minnetonka Booties. My Minnetonkas are my favorite. They are the comfiest shoes I own, they're simple, cute, and they match with everything! Not much has changed when it comes to my polka dot obsession. You can add any print to a simple dress to make it pop. Polka dots just always happen to be my first choice.

I haven't done much shopping lately, just a little bit of thrifting here and there. We're all guilty of having something in the closet that never gets worn. I'm trying to rid myself of this bad habit and get creative with what I already own. So far I've been doing pretty good.

Well I'm off to do some weekend thrifting! Wish me luck!

16 comments:

  1. This is such a cute outfit :) I love the bow detail on the blouse. And my minnetonkas are pretty much my favorite too - I wish I could wear them to work every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree! They are so comfy and perfect for work!

      Delete
  2. Such a lovely outfit - I adore the way you've tied your belt, too! :)

    flawedfairytale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Red polka dots are always such eye candy... and your hair, dear lord, your hair! Lush!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so cute. Blouse with dots is love :), but all is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your dress and shoes. Good to see you posting again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, lady! It's nice to be posting again too! Lets hope I can keep it up!

      Delete
  6. I love those booties, those are super cute and comfy at the same time, a winning combo!
    Amia
    www.teapotsandbelles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute and always! :)
    -Deana, from BirdsandOxfords

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute is your blouse!? I love the outfit. The dress has just the perfect shade of gray. And I sincerely hope that remark doesn't remind you of that awful book, haha. Okay - now I just did so myself... xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the cutest!! I'm in serious need of those booties!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This outfit is adorable. Polkadots definitely suit you! :)

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love your style! Will you come dress me every morning?

    Lesley / bytheporchlight.com

    ReplyDelete