Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A Smooth Sea Never Made a Skilled Sailor.

Here I go again with my sailor theme, but I just can't get enough. Well, today I'm actually going for a more inspirational post. With all of my sailor talk, I've had this quote in my head:

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."

We are all sailors in this sea called life. But today I am feeling really thankful for the rough seas. If it weren't for the rough times in life we wouldn't be strong, we wouldn't know who our true friends are, and we wouldn't learn a thing. There's really something beautiful in midst of the storms that we go through in our lives. It even causes us to be more appreciative of the peaceful moments we get in life.

I can't say I've went through the roughest seas, but I am so thankful for all of the skills I've acquired from the seas I've sailed. I have some great people in my life. People who have helped me keep the ship alive and that have encouraged me not to give up. Some days I just want to give up and drown, but that is most definitely NOT the solution. And now that I've stuck around for the journey, I get to see the most beautiful calm that comes after the storm. It consists of happy hearts, smiles, opportunities, accomplishments, and many memories.

God is so good.

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go." -Joshua 1:9

God is with you in every moment of your journey. He equips you with the right attitude, people, and tools. Be thankful and hopeful in every moment of your journey. Everything will turn out fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment